Welcome to the Australian and New Zealand Marketing Academy (ANZMAC) Conference 2007
|Hosted by: ||Department of Marketing, School of Business, University of Otago
|Date:||3-5 December 2007 (Monday - Wednesday)
|Venue:||University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand
|Conference Chair:||Dr. Kenneth R. Deans.
|Conference Proceedings Chair:||Dr Maree Thyne
|Conference Editors:||Dr Maree Thyne
Dr Kenneth R. Deans
Associate Professor Juergen Gnoth
|ISBN for Program and Abstracts||978-1-877156-28-0
|ISBN for Proceedings CD||978-1-877156-29-9
The ANZMAC 2007 theme 3Rs - Reputation, Responsibility & Relevance seeks to bring to the fore a lively discussion
on a number of issues and challenges facing our discipline. These challenges and issues were highlighted in a
recent collection of essays published in the October 2005 Journal of Marketing. The issues brought to light include:
In short, through addressing these issues, the Marketing discipline will maintain its reputation, responsibility and relevance.
Through the conference we hope that delegates have developed valuable insights, a deeper understanding and a sense
of how to advance our discipline.
- Marketing's status and relevance within the modern organisation;
- More boundary spanning in research and practice, and taking advantage of cross-functional opportunities;
- More emphasis on strategy implementation;
- Broadening vision and goals;
- Ethics and social responsibility;
- Encouraging research that is relevant to society; and
- Researching markets outside the USA, UK and Europe.